- Mahmood Mamdani, Good Muslim, Bad Muslim: America, the Cold War, and the Roots of Terror(Pantheon).
- P. W. Singer, Corporate Warriors: The Rise of the Privatized Military Industry (Cornell University Press)
- Sherene H Razack, Dark Threats and White Knights: The Somalia Affair, Peacekeeping, and the New Imperialism (University of Toronto Press).
- Margaret Kohn, Brave New Neighborhood: The Privatization of Public Space (Routledge).
- John Mickelthwait and Adrian Woodbridge, The Right Nation: Conservative Power in America (Penguin Press)
- Dan Clawson, The Next Upsurge: Labor and the New Social Movements (ILR Press).
- Notes from Nowhere Collective, We Are Everywhere: The Irresistible Rise of Global Anticapitalism(Verso Press) .
- Emmanuel Todd, After the Empire (Columbia University Press).
Books Against Empire
Sociologist Steve Sherman announces the 2004 Said Awards --"after the man who proved that even the most towering intellect can be boycotted by the guardians of the legitimate public sphere on grounds of anti-semitism,, designed to ward off not only criticism of Israel but of the US role in the world in general."
Posted by Librarian at 1/03/2005 10:15:00 PM